Monday, May 25, 2009

Explore Azshara

I got home from getting some much needed groceries, and after attending to the gnawing hunger pains, I sat down at my computer. The plan was simple: level the hunter like a mad woman.

Why do things never go according to plan?

I had gone back to the Exodar to train and after looking in my quest log I decided to make a little detour before getting back to the leveling grind. It shouldn't have taken long; the quest was already complete!

So I fly into Azshara, pick up a few herbs on the way to the quest giver and then look at my map for the quickest way back to the flight path.
That was my first mistake, I should have hearthed right then but alas there was only one or two bits of unexplored map... when was I likely to be out this way again? It will only take a few minutes.
More than an hour later I realized why people didn't come to Azshara. Its pretty, very nice with the autumn coloured trees but its a pain in the ass to travel through. Mistake two came in thinking that the place I needed to explore was along the shore line. There is really only one good way up or down and so most of my time was spent running and swimming along the steep ridges trying to get the map to fill in.

Poor Ink was as frustrated as myself and several wandering murlocs soothed his boredom by becoming raptor snacks.

While running through one of the narrow gorges I happened to look up and notice this bridge running from the larger part of the land mass to the darkened unexplored part of my map...*hand went to forehead and I made my long way back to the one place that allowed you to ascend from the coast*

Now after sharing this lovely adventure and resupplying my water, I shall indeed get back to the quest for Northrend.

No comments:

Post a Comment